Huisman Equipment is a leading company for producing heavy construction equipment in the oil and gas industry, renewable industry and leisure markets. The main projects Huisman is involved in while I was employed there, can be distinguished into these groups:
- Large and heavy lift cranes
- Pipe-lay equipment
- Drilling and well intervention equipment
- Amusement rides
My career at Huisman
From the end of 2011 I worked at Huisman Equipment as hydraulic engineer. During this job I noticed that my personal preference is to start a project in concept/sales phase and stay with the project till testing is done and it is handed over to the customer.
For Huisman equipment I worked on a number of projects, of which the most important projects are:
- Noble Globetrotter 2 (Drilling vessel)
- 250mt Secondary Hydraulic Driven Crane (Crane)
- Q7000 Well Intervention System (Well intervention system)
- SIEM/Helix Well Intervention System (Well intervention system)
- Offshore amusement ride
- Concept Drilling Vessels (Drilling vessel)
At Huisman I was asked to guide students at Huisman during their studies and graduation projects. I also joined the Sensor expert team.
To further support the clients of Huisman Equipment, I was involved in courses given to clients personnel by the Huisman Academy. I also taught basic hydraulics to other Huisman employees at the Huisman Academy.
For the new concept drilling vessels, I was involved in delivering concept drawing and diagrams.
Below you can find the (Dutch) certificate of appreciation (Getuigschrift).